P H O T O G R A P H ° L I F E S T Y L E

December 7, 2016

A Whirlwind Journey, Jeju Province

Korea’s Hawaii. A Tropical Paradise “Very Famous in Korea.” All those adjectives, and more have been used to describe Jeju no matter who or when it has come up in conversation since we’ve been here. Obviously curious to see what this tropical utopia is all about, I decided to take few days to down to this island off the southern coast of Korea. I spent three days there, was temporarily leaving away from the hustle and bustle city, Seoul. I landing at Seoul the day before and spent one night over there. Had put our main luggage at hotel (Royal Hotel Seoul) before heading to Gimpo international Airport owing to there is no luggage check in allowance with the plane that I was going to take (JejuAir). 


Choosing airlines to fly to everywhere from Singapore is easy, for instance, Singapore Airlines, Qantas or Emirates. But it baffled me in buying flight ticket for departs from Seoul to Jeju. Just googled with type in keyword "from Seoul to Jeju flight" and I found out the JejuAir is the most common airlines that everyone would takes. 


Before the Jeju trip I was checking up on the weather and was really baffled at how cold it would be during the days I am there. Being sceptical about the weather forecast and I perhaps ended up not packing the most appropriate attires for my trip. At the end I realized the weather temperature in Seoul is like 18°c which I will even sweating when walking at outdoor. But the weather temperature in Jeju was much colder than Seoul, I think should be about 13°c and had to wear thick scarf, I wish I could have a pair of winter glove at that moment. And it was windy over there, days and nights.
That is my first time been in Korea, kind of regret that I was not going during winter season, or either about 2 weeks earlier then I am able to meet the cherry blossoms.
To choose either Seoul or Jeju to stay for up to one month, I think the Jeju would be my first choice. Love ardently to this town, seems to me is a heavenly town with my favourite delicacies, weather is quite pleasantly good. With country air, I travelled the highways and byways, Koreans were being cool as cucumber, they were kind courteous, they served nice foods. Decided to blog the foods I ate one by one in another post. Almost no any bad comment in this ideal island. How I estimate the prices in Singapore dollar, it's just like KRW13,000 equal to SGD13 (roughly). For written language, 9 out of 10 places would provide Chinese words in every definition. For spoken language, they did not know English well or I would say did not know English at all. To gesticulate is a must do when talking to them if you did not know to speak Korean.








In love with their place, with that kind of weather. Off the beaten track, every single moment in Jeju was like dreaming. I never realized how well-off most Koreans are until I visited Jeju, it's true that travel broadens the mind. One of the little story that happened in Jeju on first day, I had left my mobile phone behind which in the cab when alighted at hotel from airport. The cab has gone when I realized and stunned at reception counter in the hotel. Was request receptionist to rings my mobile phone and speaks to cab driver. He was kind and promised to brings the phone back to hotel at about 2 hours later and he did it. So I was that luckiest lady. 
In Jeju, left a little mark in a warmest family style food shop. It was an early morning, I walking on the street and saw an unremarkable shop with no signboard. I do not have the exact address but I remembered where it be at. Short door and sill, exotic odors assail the nostril with traditional Korean home-cooked foods. I had request to write a comment and also the kind elderly uncle whom the shop owner had pasted my comment paper on the wall. That was a great morning indeed. 










A little gift for myself from Jeju. Will be back in about three years time. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig