P H O T O G R A P H ° L I F E S T Y L E

November 21, 2016

Korea Roadside Peddles Foods @ MyeongDong Street Foods

This happened on almost half a year ago, during spring season in Korea. I been at Seoul Myeongdong for a week. This post gonna focus on Myeongdong street roadside peddles foods though I have a lot of Korean foods posts still pending. We would prefer to get roadside peddles foods the most, especially at Myeongdong street. Append is my sharing, all about the foods. 

1. Steamed Egg Cake  (Score: **/*****)
This was the first Korean snack I ate at Myeongdong street, and it wasn't the only one peddlers to selling this. With no any idea and had just choose either one. I love the cake, it taste like pancake; but a bit dry for the steamed egg especially its egg-yolk. Overall it was lacking in flavor, and I think supposed to be a little bit salty or sweeter. 





2. Traditional Korean Fried Rice Cake & Fish Cake String (Score: ***/*****)
This is what we knew from almost every Korean drama, fried rice cake and the fish cake string. Indeed I am spicy food lover but this fried rice cake was super freaking hot and spicy, it taste good! The fish cake was just that hot, they will usually provide some soup into your bowl/food bag for fish cake string. You can choose if you want to cut it as small pieces without the string too. 




3. Fried Spiral Potato (Score: */*****)
We were impressed by a long queue to get this snack, the fried spiral potato. That was my first time to eat fried spiral potato and I decided to eat original flavor which without cheese powder applied. Yes you can choose to buy original flavor or cheese flavor. It is too oily for me. I thought it suppose to be taste a little bit salty but it was not. But it was with thick full texture, good plain potato smell as well. So anyway what you will be eating is just a deep fried spiral shape potato slices. 



4. Barbecued Unagi (Score: ***/*****) 
A proper barbecue unagi meal was what I missed out during my Korea trip. But at least I got this at Myeongdong street. I love to eat unagi, no matter by any how flavored. It suppose to be juicy and thick texture but obviously this was over-cooked, even reached a bit dry. You may not get the fresh and hot one as peddlers had barbecued the unagi then put them aside, and cut as small pieces to serve you when you ordered. 



5. Barbecued Chicken Strip (Score: ***/*****)
How I love the green garlic, no matter by cook or barbecue. And so I love to eat the barbecued chicken strip with green garlic. You can choose to buy spicy strip or non-spicy strip. For the non-spicy strip, it is optional if you want to apply some sweet sauce onto it. A very juicy texture, with moderate of fatty and lean chicken meat as well, plus a little bit of barbecue burnt smell. 



6. Barbecued Squid Cake (Score: ***/*****)
This is a barbecued big squid cake, serve with bonito flakes and sweet sauce, it taste like takoyaki indeed. The squid cake was chewy texture, it was delicious but you probably need to chew it for a longer time and your mouth would feel tired. 



7. Fried Bread Ice-cream (Score: *****/*****) 
Literally full scored this fried bread ice-cream! I bought it twice a night. It was my favorite snack during childhood period. I love to eat vanilla flavor. You can buy chocolate and strawberry flavor if I am not wrong. A deep fried thin bread with cold fresh ice-cream filled inside. The fried bread was not oily at all, it's crisp texture. Best combination of hot plus cold ever, it's simple but definitely called as best dessert after your proper meal. 



8. Fried Goat Cheese Stick (Score: **/*****)
This was not a real full cheese stick, it taste like a rice cake goat cheese stick. Shaped them as mini rectangular, pan fried it and dripped some canned milk onto it (the canned milk that we use in making Singapore style 'kopi'). As it was not full cheese, it won't be too greasy to eat. The pan fried golden sides with a little bit crisp texture, concentrate goat cheese taste plus a bit sweet canned milk. One string is enough for portion for three as dessert. 



9. Roasted Giant Scallop (Score: ***/*****)
This roasted giant scallop has raised my attention indeed. It was almost as same as a normal palm size. There was a big transparent container which filled with some water, and they putted the raw scallop inside the container to show your how fresh will their scallops were. Two flavour options for you to choose, either the original flavour or cheese flavour. The cheese flavour roasted scallop looks too greasy to me, and I choose the original one. As mentioned it was a giant size scallop, they will cut it into small pieces to roast. Conclusion, it taste nothing special but it was really fresh! 



10. Korean Fried Spicy Chicken With Rice (Score: ****/*****)
Take it as roadside peddle food standard and this was perfectly delicious. I was seriously craving for Korean fried spicy chicken during those few days and I finally consumed it. They were keep re-frying caused the chicken meat taste a little dry texture. It served as a bar shape with white rice and dipped their own recommended sauce to flavour it better. 



11. Fried Meat Ball (Score: */*****)
Every meat ball has been well marinated but it was so dried of texture, no juicy, and without any sauce applied. If you got a can of drinks on hand, and you can get this meat ball snack to try. I will never look twice at this snack anymore. 



12. Tempura Style Fried Shrimp (Score: */*****)
This so called 'giant' size fried shrimp made me drool BEFORE EATING. I think half of it was fried flour instead of shrimp. It was tasteless, oily, oily, and oily. Feel vomiting when consumed one piece. Unlike the traditional tempura shrimp is rich in flavor and crispy. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig