P H O T O G R A P H ° L I F E S T Y L E

February 8, 2017

Wicked Grill At Tanjong Katong Road

Updated on 23 February 2018: Google stated this restaurant permanently closed



It has been quiet a long time since the last time I discovered a good restaurant in Singapore. And the thing I am going to pen to share was so fantastic. I were astonished to know all the prices were that low in this fresh-opened western food restaurant Wicked Grill ! And I bet everyone would know how will that cost if take a proper meal in a western restaurant in Singapore, for instance, a plate of fish and chips costs $19++, a plate of seafood aglio olio will cost $18++, a side dish (fish fillet/french fried) usually costs at least $5.9++, and a can of soft drink will costs $3.5 something. Therefore, I guess a western meal for 2 person will usually cost approximately $50-$70. 
All photos append below were taken during my second dining, I was regret which all the foods were that delicious and made me forgotten to take photograph during my first dining. One week after that, I made myself there again for dinner. 

Moreover, I will also grade overall of it. Full mark 5 should be (♣♣♣♣♣)
Location: ♣♣
Environment: ♣♣♣
Foods: ♣♣♣♣♣
Price: ♣♣♣♣♣
Service: ♣♣♣♣

1. Location, it a place which cannot be reached by taking any MRT, you will need to alight at Paya Lebar MRT station, walk along to opposite side (across main road) of the Paya Lebar Square shopping mall, and take bus to reach destination. I do not know what the bus number is, as I will always call cab when I reached Paya Lebar MRT station. For those who drives, as easy as just follow the GPS (That might be difficult to find a parking lot). Wicked Grill address: 306 Tanjong Katong Road Singapore 437089, 6pm-11pm only


2. Environment, their seats are quiet comfortable, they do not make your butt ache even after long hours dining & chatting with your partner. But some corners in the restaurant will always playing music loudly, you may need to sit at open-air area if you don't like it.


3. Foods, I will only commend on the foods that I've tried. All served as big portion, I bet every main-course and side dish will satisfy you enough. My own three "must-order" dishes: grilled chicken, seafood aglio olio and beer battered mini fish & chips.

Their boneless chicken meat is not chicken breast. Every chicken meat was bigger than my palm, and they grilled it till crisp and juicy texture, apply with two sauces and two side dishes. I like their Mac & cheese and truffle fries. Mac & cheese is always my first choice when choose side dish, and their truffle fries applied with truffle oil as well.
Beside, you can choose to have bacon mash potatoes, smashed potatoes, coleslaw, glazed baby carrots, buttered corn cob, creamed spinach, cauliflower mash, cajun fries, garlic rice, onion rings and grilled vegetables (corn).
For sauce selection comprises mushroom sauce, balinese styled, black pepper and BBQ sauce. My recommendation is both black pepper and BBQ sauce.



Seafood aglio olio, I thought this portion is suitable for lady the most. All seafoods were so fresh, and the pasta taste a bit spicy. But still it satisfied me, and I even ordered twice. They cook mainly in aglio olio, there are only 4 pasta in menu which are crab meat pasta, seafood aglio olio, chicken/fish aglio olio, and steak aglio olio.


Truffle mushroom soup, this had never surprised me like "whoah!". You can try it if you're really like mushroom soup very much or you were jonesing for mushroom soup. Let me commend on this mushroom soup, which is too concentrated and not hot enough. But it was not a fail tried, to order one bowl and share with 2-3 pax can still be considered. 


The signature wicked spicy drumlets, literally a delicious side dish that if you like heavy taste food. This dish taste salty, a little bit spicy, crisp and juicy. Honestly, this's my first tried and I'm sure I will order it again and again.


Beer battered mini fish & chips, serve without chips. My favourite side dish ever, it could be the best fried fish fillet so far. It was a good bite! I must order this dish every time!


4. Price, this is a most important part for recommendation. As everyone could afford with the prices, they are almost 50%-60% lower than market selling price. My first dining billed $27++, and second dining (all photos shown above) billed $24++ with 10% discount applied. It must surprise you which if compared to a plate of fish & chips normal market price $19++. And so, to discovered a restaurant which serves delicious foods at affordable prices was so lucky.

2pcs grilled chicken with 2 side dishes  $6.80
Seafood aglio olio  $6.80
Truffle mushroom soup  $2.80
Wicked spicy drumlets  $3.50
Beer battered mini fish & chips  $4.50
Soft drinks/Juice  $1.50

Besides, for every small side dish additional order (bacon mash potatoes, smashed potatoes, coleslaw, glazed baby carrots, buttered corn cob, creamed spinach, cauliflower mash, truffle fries, cajun fries, garlic rice, onion rings and grilled vegetables) cost $1.50 a portion. A portion serves with a bowl as big as man's fist size, one portion is enough for 2 persons indeed. 

5. Service, no doubt they're good enough. But don't be frustrated if your calling been neglected because they're having shortage of manpower. With their good service attitude, it would definitely makes your dining more delightful. 

Last but certainly not least, I really hope you guys could have a joy dining follow by my recommendation. Happy Lunar New Year to you! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig