P H O T O G R A P H ° L I F E S T Y L E

June 8, 2015

Best ramen in Singapore # KEISUKE Ramen

KL local would wonder about

"Is any ramen else taste nicer than Ippudo"

This post has been stuck for almost a month. When talking about this ramen, a conversation that I had with my friend few months ago has drifting back to me. It's a well known, Ippudo ramen was the most famous yet popular ramen in Kuala Lumpur, the one that almost every KL local like the most.
But it was surprising me when my friend telling me about Ippudo is suck. Therefore try out something that so called better than Ippudo is a must do.

Been suggested to try this KEISUKE out. It's just like a parent brand and distributed few branches with different particular ingredient in Singapore.


Seem likes obviously both second and forth one are same but actually different. I ever tried the first and the second one, exactly at Tanjong Pagar Tras Street and Bugis Village. As been asked for comparison, it's difficult to do that.




Tori King was my first tried among few branches, hence definitely more photo taken over there. For what impressed me, is its narrow dining place and unique order form which is 1 piece for every single person.


Complimentary are sesame seeds for personal grinding and sprinkling over your own ramen for additional oomph and aroma.



If possible, save space for their complimentary appetizer, sesame-d beansprouts, at once refreshing and potent, having been spiked with chilli powder, sesame oil, sesame seeds and shoyu.


The Keisuke chain is renowned for their serving a free-flow of hard-boiled eggs, usually shells-on and in ready supply on all tables to partake. I don't usually eat them, because I'm happy enough with our ajitsuke tamago, but since I was also served 2 hard-boiled eggs, conveniently deshelled for easy access, I relented and doubled my cholesterol intake for the day.



Something new on the menu is this Japanese Green Tea Cola ($3.80), it tastes a bit like 7-Up or Sprite mixed with Green Tea. It’s a green tea-flavoured fizzy drink which is ultra refreshing and it isn’t overly sweet.



Tori King ramen is yet another concept by the ever-growing Keisuke Ramen group. They specialize in chicken ramen, working exclusively with chicken-based broths adorned with a colossal chicken thigh. Which is why they are more colloquially known as "that chicken leg ramen place". Prices here are exceptionally budget-friendly, with a properly substantial meal going at under $20 per head. So it totally makes sense that, apart from the weekday lunchtime crowd drawn from the centre, the family and young student-types would frequent this tiny joint, hence best to arrive before 12 noon for lunch or by 6 pm for dinner if you abhor queuing.


The evenly grilled chicken thigh is indeed the show-stopper, with meat coming off the bones so easily, extremely tasty as it is simmered and submerged in premium soy stock overnight. Eating it at some point does remind me an Indonesian ‘ayam panggang’. It is huge.



Second, Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King Four Seasons features five ramens with different toppings, of which are unique and unexpected: Spring Ramen, Summer Ramen, Autumn Ramen, Winter Ramen and King Ramen. All the ramens here are Tonkotsu broth-based. “Tonkotsu” refers to pork bone broth and over here, the broth has been simmered beyond 11 hours overnight resulting in an undeniably robust flavour.


The one I tried is Summer Ramen, t comes with a topping of minced spicy pork that’s been seasoned with Szechuan peppercorns, Shichimi Japanese chilli powder and local Singapore chilli. This ought to be a huge hit for those who enjoy spicy food.


This is my friend's bowl. Autumn Ramen’s unique topping is a mixture of ground pork, mushroom medley and bonito flakes. Japanese flavors for sure, but with a new twist.


Summer Ramen’s spicy topping as it gives the ramen a nice spicy kick – but frankly it’d have been too spicy for me if I were to finish an entire bowl on my own. The Autumn Ramen has a pronounced bonito flavor which was nice but it got too overpowering for me after a few bites.
Just proclaim your love for Keisuke Ramen as well. Fully satisfied.
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig