P H O T O G R A P H ° L I F E S T Y L E

March 5, 2017

YAT LOK ROAST GOOSE 一樂燒鵝 - HONG KONG

A Hong Kong trip deem imperfect if without tasted the Hong Kong roast goose. The delicacy roast goose is rare to be seen in Singapore. Hong Kong roast goose meal was the cuisine that I tasted most repeatedly. I pen herewith a recommended roast goose restaurant which is located at Hong Kong central area, a famous food district. I actually used to experience staffs' furiousness in many restaurants/food stalls in Hong Kong but I was okay with it, that is their own culture without malice. Thus, Yat Lok restaurant had surprised me with their polite service attitude, and I would confirm that Yat Lok restaurant was the only one that has obtained my own strong satisfaction. 


As for their foods and drinks were qualified enough to attained Michelin level, especially the roast goose and cold milk tea. There was a glossy crumble roast goose skin, with a healthy layer of fat between the roasted skin and the juicy goose meat. No matter to indulge with goose drumstick or not, they were all delicious. I had ordered few dishes, the roast goose noodle with char siew, roast goose rice with roast chicken, and roast goose rice with char siew, and two glasses of cold milk tea for myself as well. 


Yat Lok roast goose is almost boneless, with every bite and I tasted how crispy the roasted skin was, nice and salty juice had burst out from the roasted skin and goose meat. It was really toothsome. Besides, they provided only white rice and dripped soy sauce, that was not extraordinarily special but it's just right with that kind of juicy tasty roast goose, plus cold milk tea. I do not like to order hot milk tea in Hong Kong because of that I will need to add sugar by myself, as the hot milk tea in Hong Kong is serves as sugar-off.

I have yet to pen about their local roast chicken. From tasted Hong Kong local roast chicken for few times, I realized their roast chicken deemed middle to low level of delicious if compared to Singapore local roast chicken. This is not only pointing to Yat Lok, but to a few restaurants that I had tried. I believe in Hong Kong they emphasize the most on the roast goose and char siew. Regards to Hong Kong local char siew, unlike our Singapore style char siew slices, Hong Kong char siew serve as bigger pieces but still juicy texture and with slight sweet-sauce flavour.


The only imperfection in Yat Lok is their limited dining seats. There is a narrow shopfront, with about 7 tables, every table is for around 4-6 pax. You probably need to stand with a long queue, especially during dining hours but I was given luck because I got seated when I reached at about 8pm.

Pricing deemed middle level as our dinner costed HKD670++ in total for 8 persons, it was about SGD130. I was satisfied with Yat Lok, no doubt for me to have dining with them again during my every Hong Kong trip. Based on my recommendation, you should knew not to missed any chance to try this Hong Kong delicacy when you're in Hong Kong. 

Yat Lok Roast Goose 一樂燒鵝
G/F 34-38 Stanley Street, Central (MTR station: Central Exit D2) *To follow Google map
10am-9pm
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig